With a flurry of financial earnings coming next week, one market watcher is naming two stocks investors should consider.
Here are Tepper’s takes on the stocks:
A ‘Dimon’ in the rough
• Interest rates are rising, and that should bode well for bank net interest margins.
• The bank is streamlining operations to focus on core businesses and digitalization.
• Consumer strength and optimism among business owners should prove positive for commercial and industrial loans.
• BlackRock is set to capitalize on the two biggest trends in asset management now.
• Money is flowing out of mutual funds and into exchange-traded funds; BlackRock has a huge footprint with iShares products.
• Money will continue to flow out of low-fee bond funds and into higher-fee stock funds.
BlackRock surged 35 percent in 2017, while J.P. Morgan rose 24 percent.